Akhilesh Yadav Wiki, Age, Caste, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Akhilesh Yadav is an Indian politician. He is the President of the Samajwadi Party (SP). He is the son of Mulayam Singh Yadav. Akhilesh is the former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
Akhilesh Yadav was born on 1 July 1973 (age 46 years; as in 2019) in Saifai Village, Etawah, Uttar Pradesh. His zodiac sign is cancer. He received his primary education from a local school of Saifai and his secondary education from the Dholpur Military School of Dholpur in Rajasthan. He got his Bachelors, and Masters degree in engineering in Civil Engineering from Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore, Karnataka. He also has a Masters degree in Environmental Engineering from the University of Sydney, Australia.
Akhilesh Yadav is very passionate about music. He loves listening to classic rock and some of his favourite bands are Guns & Roses, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Bryan Adams, and many more.
Height: 5′ 7″
Weight: 65 kg (approx.)
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Wife, & Caste
Akhilesh Yadav belongs to the Other Backward Class (OBC). His father, Mulayam Singh Yadav, is a prominent Indian politician. He has been a Union Minister, and also the former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh. Mulayam Singh Yadav is also the founder of Samajwadi Party (SP). His mother, Malti Devi, suffered complications while giving birth to Akhilesh, which put her in a vegetative state. Akhilesh was brought up by his grandparents; as his father was busy with politics, and his mother was in a vegetative state. His mother passed away in 2003.
Akhilesh’s father got married to Sadhna Gupta in February 2007. Akhilesh has a stepbrother, Prateek Yadav. Prateek handles the land holdings and dealings of the Yadav family. Prateek is married to Aparna Yadav, who is a politician.
Akhilesh Yadav got married to Dimple Rawat on 24 November 1999. They have 2 daughters, Tina Yadav and Aditi Yadav, and a son, Arjun Yadav.
In the year 2000, Akhilesh Yadav contested the Lok Sabha by-elections from Kannauj, Uttar Pradesh. He won the elections, and he was elected as an MP to the 13th Lok Sabha at the age of 27. He was appointed as a member of the Committee on Food, Civil Supplies, and Public Distribution. In 2004, he contested the General Elections, and he was elected as an MP for a second term. He was a member of various committees such as Computers in Government departments, Technology, Environments and Forests, and Urban Development. In 2009, he was elected to the Lok Sabha for a third term.
On 10 March 2012, Akhilesh was appointed as the leader of the Samajwadi Party. On 15 March 2012, Akhilesh was appointed as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh; after Samajwadi Part won the Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections of 2012. He became the youngest Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh at the age of 38.
In May 2012, he resigned from the Kannauj Lok Sabha seat, to serve as the Chief Minister of UP. He became a member of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council. In 2017, he had an alliance with the Indian National Congress (INC). Akhilesh and Rahul Gandhi announced that they’ll be contesting the 2017 Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections together. The alliance was led by Akhilesh Yadav. They won only 54 seats, and lost the election to the BJP.
On 11 March 2017, Akhilesh submitted his resignation to the Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik. Yogi Adityanath became the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, and Akhilesh was elected as the Leader of Opposition. On 12 January 2019, Akhilesh, along with Mayawati, announced that the Samajwadi Party (SP) and the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) will be contesting the 2019 General Elections together.
They collectively won only 15 of the 80 Lok Sabha seats in UP. On 11 June 2019, Mayawati announced that the BSP was breaking the alliance with SP, for the 2022 Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections. She stated that the BSP was able to win more seats than the SP, and it would contest the Assembly Elections independently. Akhilesh Yadav was elected as an MP from the Azamgarh Lok Constituency of Uttar Pradesh, in the 2019 General Elections.
- In 2017, Akhilesh was involved in a family feud with his uncle, Shivpal Singh Yadav. Shivpal claimed that there was a conspiracy to remove him from the party, and he also threatened to quit. Mulayam Singh warned Akhilesh that the party would split if Shivpal quits. Akhilesh took this as an insult. Mulayam removed Akhilesh as the state President of the Samajwadi Party, and he appointed Shivpal as the President. Akhilesh was furious at this, he sacked Shivpal and his supporters from ministerial posts. He took over the party, and he was elected as the National President of the SP.
- In May 2017, he stated that there are martyrs from UP, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, and other parts of India but, there were no martyrs from the state of Gujarat. He indirectly took a jibe at Narendra Modi. He stated that the BJP asks for votes in the name of martyrs and nationalism, but they do not consider anyone else a nationalist other than themselves.
- On 30 May 2014, Akhilesh was criticized by all factions of the society for his controversial statement. A reporter had asked him about the increasing rapes in UP, to which he replied-
Aapko to khatra nahi hua na (But you’re safe)”
- On 2 August 2018, the Uttar Pradesh Public Works Department (PWD) issued a fine of Rs. 6 lacs on Akhilesh Yadav. He was accused of damaging the CM bungalow when he had vacated it for Yogi Adityanath. The report by the PWD stated that air conditioners, bathroom fittings, garden lightings, and many more fittings were missing from the bungalow. It also stated that Akhilesh had spent Rs. 4.60 Crores on illegal construction inside the bungalow.
- On 13 February 2019, Akhilesh Yadav was heading to Allahabad (now Prayagraj), when he was stopped at the Lucknow airport by UP police. Yadav was informed that he was not allowed to board the flight; as the Allahabad district administration warned of a potential law & order crisis as Kumbh was going on. SP workers in Allahabad were furious when they heard about this, and started protesting and beating up people. The police resorted to lathi-charge, which caused 5 SP workers, and 4 four policemen heavily injured.
- In 2013, Akhilesh Yadav had been blamed for illegal sand mining. On 27 July 2013, Akhilesh Yadav suspended Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Durga Shakti Nagpal; who took action against the sand mafia in Gautam Budh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh.
- On 5 November 2014, Akhilesh Yadav stated that he watched Rajkumar Hirani’ film “PK” by downloading it, and he liked it so much that he made the film tax-free in UP. He was attacked on this statement as downloading a film is illegal, and he was blamed for piracy. Many people demanded action against Yadav by the I&B Ministry.
Assets & Properties
- Cash: 3.90 Lacs INR
- Bank Deposits: 4.40 Crores INR
- Agricultural land: Worth 7.88 Crores INR in Saifai, UP
- Non-agricultural land: Worth 21.50 Lacs INR in Etawah, UP
- Commercial Building: Worth 4.08 Crores INR in Lucknow, UP
- Residential Building: Worth 4.71 Crores INR in Lucknow, UP
Salary & Net Worth
Salary: 1 Lac per month + Additional allowances (as a Member of Parliament)
Net Worth: 37.78 Crores INR (as in 2019)
- Listening to music
- Playing Cricket
- Playing Badminton
- Akhilesh Yadav is a fitness enthusiast, and he loves cycling. He is often seen riding a bicycle early morning on the streets of Lucknow, even when he was the Chief Minister.
- He is a very good orator. He can talk about social and political issues for hours without a break.
- He is seen as a Youth icon of the Samajwadi Party.
- After he became the Chief Minister of UP, once in an interview he said-
Dimple is my good luck, and I have been lucky since I got married”