Faye D’Souza Wiki, Age, Caste, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Faye D’Souza is a prominent Indian journalist. She is the Editor-in-Chief of Mirror Now. She hosts the popular show The Urban Debate on Mirror Now, which focuses on real-world issues rather than trending stories.
Faye D’Souza was born on 8 October 1981 (age 37 years; as in 2018) in Chikmagalur, Karnataka. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She did her schooling from a local school in Bangalore. She pursued Bachelor of Arts in Literature from Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru. She then pursued a Bachelor of Journalism degree from Mount Carmel College in 2002. She completed her Master’s Degree in Mass Communication from Convergence Institute of Media, Management, and Information Technology Studies (COMMITS), Bengaluru in 2004.
Faye’s career in journalism started when she was in college. She had joined the All India Radio (AIR) Bangalore and used to read the news on the radio. While she was pursuing her master’s degree, she took up a job in CNBC-TV18 in 2003. She used to be in financial journalism. It had made her path and she continued to work there even after college and she continued in financial journalism.
Height: 5′ 2″
Weight: 70 kg (approx.)
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Figure Measurements: 34-28-36
Family, Husband & Caste
Faye D’Souza belongs to a Roman Catholic Brahmin Family. Not much is known about her family. She has 2 sisters.
Faye D’Souza is married to Sagar Gokhale. They got married on 3 September 2010.
Faye D’Souza’s journalism career started in CNBC-TV18. She had a backend job in financial journalism. She was eventually moved to reporting on financial issues. Faye joined the Times Now Network in 2007. She was appointed in ET Now; the financial channel of the Times Now. She started to host the show- Investor’s Guide. It was a hit and her popularity started growing. Her show hit the charts and ET Now gave her another show to host- Property Guide.
Faye had always wanted to do something about women empowerment. On her show, The Investor’s Guide, she did a special segment which would guide women on where to invest, and how it would help them. ET Now gave her another show- The Urban Debate. It discussed the social issues, social injustice, and other issues which would help woman combat inequality and how to overcome it. She did a special show with Radhika Apte, focusing on the issue of safety for women.
In 2015, Times Network started a new channel, Magicbricks Now. Faye D’Souza was appointed as the Editor-in-Chief of the channel. The channel was started with a focus on news about real estate. Faye D’Souza was tasked with getting ratings for the channel as it was a new channel and the Network wanted the channel to do well among the competitors. Faye did a good job and the channel got ahead very rapidly. In 2017, Magicbricks Now was renamed as Mirror Now. The channel then shifted its focus from just real estate news to the general news.
Her popular shows from ET Now- the Investor’s Guide, Property Guide, and The Urban Debate were revived and started on Mirror Now. She started the Urban Debate as a show which would focus on real issues rather than the stories which are trending and often deviate the viewer from the real issues of India. The Investor’s Guide also had a permanent segment for women investors which helped them make choices which would be beneficial for them. She had always wanted to something good for the society and through the Urban Debate, she often invites members of the LGBTQ community to her show. It helps in showing the people that they are just like everyone else and break the stereotype and the common mindset about them.
Awards, Honours & Achievements
- The Journalist of the YearAward by Redlink Awards in May 2018
- She was featured on the cover of the Verve magazine
- News Anchor of the Year Award Presented by the International Advertising Association (IAA) in July 2018
- Rachna Award by the Rachna Organization on 16 October 2018
- Opinion Maker of the Year Award by the Vogue India on 1 November 2018
- The face of the Year Award by the Kanara Catholic Association (KCA) in December 2018
- Award for the News Television’s Editor-in-Chief of the Year Award by the News Broadcasting Awards in February 2019
- During her show, The Urban Debate, she disciplines a guest in such a way that he wasn’t able to say anything after that. Maulana Yasoob Abbas remarked that if she wants equality then she should show up top work in her underwear. Faye listened and calmly replied-
Let me tell you Maulana ji, Aap Jaise bahut dekhe hai. I am not threatened or afraid of you, and most of all, I’m not rattled by you”
- During a debate on the movie Padmavati, a member of the Karni Sena, Ajith Singh, was present on her show. He commented that the Karni Sena would never allow anyone to watch that movie. To this, Faye responded-
Who the fuck are you? Aapse seekhne ki kisi ko zarurat nahi hai. Aapki aukat hi kya hai kuch sikhane ki?”
- On 4 March 2018, Faye retweeted the cover photo of the Malayalam magazine Grihalakshmi with a caption. The cover had a photo of a woman breastfeeding her baby and how the society views it as a taboo. Faye captioned the tweet stating that there are private spaces for individuals to smoke in airports but no spaces for women to breastfeed their children in airports. The official twitter handle of Mumbai airport replied that there are several spaces available in the Mumbai airport where women can tend to the needs of their tiny tots. Another user replied that all major airports of India have dotting rooms where women can take care of their children. Faye was criticized and trolled on being the Editor-in-Chief of a leading news channel and not knowing such basic facts about airports.
Favourite Actor: Rishi Kapoor
Favourite Actress: Kubra Sait
Favourite Food: Dal & Butter Chicken
Favourite Colour: Blue
60 Lacs INR annually
- She often attends Gay Pride Parades to show her support for the LGBTQ community and raise awareness about the community.
- She got married simply. Once she revealed that her marriage ceremony was so simple that the ceremony only cost 33 INR.
- In November 2018, she was featured on the cover on Vogue India as the Woman of the Year.
- Faye loves animals and has a pet dog named Thor.