Mahie Gill (aka Mahi Gill) Wiki, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Mahie Gill (aka Mahi Gill) is an Indian actress and model.
Mahie Gill was born on 19 December 1975 (43 years; age in 2018) in Chandigarh, India. She is best-known for her portrayal of the role of “Paro” in the film “Dev.D.” Before appearing in movies, she did theatre. Mahie Gill completed her schooling from St. Kabir Public School, Chandigarh. After completing her schooling, Gill did Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Psychology, English & Sociology from Government College for Girls, Chandigarh. She went on to pursue her Masters in Theatre from Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Height (Approx.): 5′ 5″
- Weight (Approx.): 55 kg
- Figure Measurement (Approx.): 34-28-34
- Eye Colour: Brown
- Hair Colour: Black
Family, Boyfriend & Husband
Mahie Gill was born in Punjabi Jatt Sikh Family. Her father was a Deputy Economic Advisor in Punjab Government and her mother is a lecturer. Her father has passed away. She has two brothers Navnit Gill and Shivender Gill.
Mahie Gill got married when she was 18-year-old, however, things did not work out between her and her husband. The duo, eventually, got divorced.
In July 2019, Mahie revealed that she was in a live-in relationship with a Hindu Boy from Jammu who is based in Goa. Her boyfriend owns hotels and casinos across Goa. She also said that she has a daughter who will turn three in August 2019.
After she completed her studies, Mahi Gill gave the test for OTA (Officers Training Academy) for a three-month training period to become an army officer and also got selected. However, she left the training as she met with an accident during practice. While pursuing her Masters from Panjab University, she did a number of plays.
Mahi Gill started her career with the Punjabi film “Hawayein” in 2003.
She made her Bollywood Debut in the year 2009 with Anurag Kashyap‘s “Dev.D.” Not only was she critically acclaimed for her role, but she was also awarded the Filmfare Award. She was offered the role of “Paro” after Anurag saw her dancing at a club.
She appeared in “Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster” in 2011. In the same year, she was also seen in “Not A Love Story.”
Gill also acted in “Paan Singh Tomar,” “Toofan,” “Zanjeer,” and “Bullett Raja.” In addition, Mahi Gill has also worked in many regional language films, Punjabi and Telugu.
- Food: Seafood
- Actress: Kareena Kapoor, Tabu, Konkana Sen
- Films: Bollywood– Lamhe, Chupke Chupke ( Old), Chaalbaaz, Mr.India, Andaz Apna Apna and Chandni; Hollywood- Titanic, Bucket List, What happened in Las Vegas
- Romantic Pair: Anil Kapoor & Madhuri Dixit
- Musician: R D Burman
- Song: Tera Mera Pyaar Amar (Asli-Naqli-1962)
- Director: Guru Dutt, Woody Allen, Steven Spielberg
- Outfit: Sarees, Tees & Jeans
- Destination: Kerala
- She drinks occasionally and is a non-vegetarian.
- Contrary to her bold characters in most movies, Mahie is an introvert in real-life and loves to stay at home.
- She is a firm believer in destiny.
- In an interview, Mahie Gill mentioned that she struggled with depression for nearly one-and-a-half year after her best friend cheated on her and took all her money.
- Mahie considers Rekha as her role-model.
- She would love to portray Waheeda Rehman‘s role in “Guide” and Sridevi‘s role in “Chalbaaz.”
- According to Mahi Gill, Sonam Kapoor and Shah Rukh Khan are best-dressed actress and actor respectively.
- She considers Hrithik Roshan and Tom Cruise as the sexiest actors.
- Many directors consider her Tabu’s lookalike.
- Mahi Gill does yoga and cardio regularly.
- Her idea of destressing includes spending an evening with friends.
- She is a devotee of Lord Ganpati.