Raima Sen Wiki, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More
Raima Sen is an Indian actress who appears in Bengali and Hindi film industry.
Raima Sen was born as ‘Raima Dev Varma’ on 11 November 1979 (age 39 years; as in 2019) in Kolkata. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
She did her schooling from Loreto House, Kolkata.
Height: 5′ 5″
Weight: 55 kg
Body Measurement: 35-28-34
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She was born to Moon Moon Sen (actress) and Bharat Dev Barma. She has a sister named Riya Sen (actress).
She was once rumoured to be in a relationship with her best-friend, Varun Thapar (businessman).
She has dated the actor Kunal Kapoor and later was in a relationship with, Kalikesh Narayan Singh Deo, a politician.
She made her acting debut with the Bollywood movie, “Godmother” in 1999.
She made her Bengali film debut with the movie “Nil Nirjane (2003).”
She is known for her roles in the films like Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd. (2007), The Japanese Wife (2010), and Baishe Srabon (2011). She made her Telugu film debut with the movie “Dhairyam” in 2005.
Her Malayalam film debut was with the movie “Veeraputhran” in 2011.
She has received Bengal Film Journalist’s Association Award for the Most Promising Actress for the movie “Nishi Japan” in 2006.
- Food: Jhal Muri, Aloo Chat
- Directors: Imtiaz Ali, Yash Chopra, Mani Ratnam, Anurag Basu, Anurag Kashyap, Ashutosh Gowariker
- Raima’s father, Bharat Dev Varma, is a member of the royal family of Tripura. Her paternal grandmother Ila Devi, was the princess of Cooch Behar.
- Ila Devi’s younger sister, Gayatri Devi was the Maharani of Jaipur.
- Her paternal great-grandmother, Indira, was the only daughter of Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III of Baroda.
- She is attributed as Raima Sen on-screen, which is from her mother’s maiden name, while in official papers, her surname is Dev Varma.
- Her grandmother, Suchitra Sen, is a popular Bengali actress and was once regarded as ‘Mahanayika’ of Bengali cinema.
- She once in an interview revealed that she has a screen-test phobia and she missed out several films from prominent directors in Bollywood because of her phobia.
- In 2014, she played the lead role in the Bengali movie “Hrid Majharey,” which is the first Bengali movie based on the works of William Shakespeare, and played a tribute to the 450th year of birth of the Bard. Its screenplay is also included in the prestigious UGC Literature Archive.
- She is said to resemble her grandmother, Suchitra Sen than her sister and mother.