Shweta Tiwari Wiki, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
Shweta Tiwari is an Indian television and film actress. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Prerna Sharma’ in Star Plus’ TV serial “Kasautii Zindagii Kay.”
Shweta Tiwari was born on Saturday, 4 October 1980 (age 39 years; as in 2019) in Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She did her schooling from Mumbai’s St Isabels High School and went to Burhanis College to pursue Bachelors in Commerce. Shweta was inclined towards acting from a very young age and started giving auditions for TV serials after completing her graduation.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 58 Kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-28-34
Family, Caste & Husband
Shweta Tiwari belongs to a Hindu Family. She is the daughter of Ashok Kumar Tiwari and Nirmala Tiwari. She has a younger brother, Nidhaan Tiwari.
Shweta met the Bhojpuri actor and producer, Raja Chaudhary through one of her friends. The duo dated each other for a few months and tied the knot in 1999. They have a daughter, Palak Tiwari, who was born in 2000. The couple started facing problems in their marriage in 2006 and subsequently, got separated in 2007. The couple got divorced in 2012.
Shweta met Abhinav Kohli on the sets of Jaane Kya Baat Hui and the duo became friends. They started dating each other after a while. The couple dated each other for 3 years and tied the knot on 13 July 2013.
Shweta Tiwari started her acting career in 1998 by playing a small role in Ekta Kapoor‘s “Kaliren.” Next, she appeared in the TV serial “Kaahin Kissii Roz” in which she played the role of Anika. In 2001, she bagged the lead role of “Prerna Sharma” in Star plus’ romantic drama “Kasautii Zindagi Kay.” The show ran for around 8 years and brought Shweta huge popularity.
While the show lasted for a long time, Tiwari side by side tried her hands at the reality shows. She participated in the dance reality show “Nach Baliye” with her ex-husband, Raja Chaudhary in 2006. In 2013, she appeared in the dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.”
In 2010, she entered the Big Boss 4 house as a contestant and emerged as the winner of the show.
Shweta has to her credit shows like “Jaane Kya Baat Hui,” “Parvarrish,” “Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao,” “Baal Veer,” and “Begusarai.”
Shweta made her film debut in 2004 with the Hindi Film “Madhoshi.” Subsequently, she appeared in films like “Aabra Ka Daabra,” “Bin Bulaye Baraati,” “Married 2 America,” and “Married 2 America.” She has also featured in many TV commercials.
In addition to films and TV serials, she has also done various plays like Shaadi Ki Home Delivery, Shararat, and Aaine Ke Sau Tukde.
- Shweta’s fight with Dolly Bindra in the Big Boss 4 house was the biggest highlight of that season.
- Tiwari had registered a complaint against her Ex-husband, Raja Chaudhary, around 4 times for beating her up under the influence of alcohol and also abusing her.
- In August 2019, she registered molestation case against her husband Abhinav Kohli for allegedly slapping her daughter, Palak and making obscene comments and showing vulgar photos to her. Her husband was arrested by the Mumbai Police after her complaint.
- Food: Bananas, munchies, chocolates and jelly
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
- Actresses: Nargis and Madhuri Dixit
- Film: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- Colours: White, Red
- Travel Destination: Paris
- Her hobbies include dancing, reading books, doing debates, and drawing.
- Shweta told in an interview that she was introduced to Raja by Raja’s cousin sister who was a good friend of Shweta.
- Initially, her mother was not happy with her marriage with Raja Chaudhary.
- Shweta did her first job when she was just 12 years old. She worked for a travel agency for which she received Rs. 500.
- Tiwari is an avid dog lover and owns two pets named Pixie and Sweetoo.
- She has won several awards for her serial “Kasautii Zindagii Kay.” The categories in which she received the awards are Best Actress, Favourite Maa, Favourite Bahu, and Favourite Beti.
- She is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.