Sunaina Roshan Wiki, Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Sunaina Roshan is an Indian producer and a blogger. She is the sister of Bollywood actor, Hrithik Roshan.
Sunaina Roshan was born in 1972 (age 47 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai.
She attended Mumbai’s Bombay Scottish school. Sunaina was not good at her studies and hated going to school. For her school was just to meet her friends and have fun with them. After her schooling, she wanted to quit her studies but her father wanted her to learn to be a good homemaker, so, Sunaina got herself enrolled in the Le Villa Pierreseu in Montreaux, Switzerland to pursue a finishing course.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 65 Kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Family, Caste & Husband
Sunaina Roshan belongs to a Hindu Khatri Family. Her father, Rakesh Roshan, is a filmmaker. Her mother’s name is Pinky Roshan. She has a younger brother, Hrithik Roshan, who is an actor.
Sunaina met Ashish Soni, a fashion designer, in Switzerland where she went to complete her education. The duo dated each other for a while and tied the knot in the year 1992. The couple was happily married for one year and after that started facing issues in their marriage. The duo parted their ways in 2000. They have a daughter, Suranika Soni, who moved with her father after her parents’ divorce.
In 2005, Sunaina met Nick Uday Singh in London and the duo got engaged. Later, she came to know about Nick’s affair with his sister in law and called off the engagement.
After her broken engagement with Nick Uday Singh, she came into a relationship with the US-based businessmen, Mohan Nagar. The couple dated for 6 months and got secretly married against the wishes of Sunaina’s family but soon their relationship soured.
She was even rumoured to be in a relationship with Rajeev Paul but she rubbished all the rumours and said that they are just good friends.
Roshan was also reported to be dating Bharat Kapoor as she changed her relationship status on Facebook to “in a relationship” and immediately changed her profile picture featuring herself and Bharat Kapoor. Some of her friends even congratulated the couple by commenting on the picture.
Sunaina Roshan started her career as a producer in 2010 with the Bollywood film “Kites.” Subsequently, she co-produced the film “Krazzy 4.”
Roshan started writing blogs in 2018 after she was diagnosed with a severe kidney infection. She named her blog “Zindagi” wherein she wrote about her personal life, including her family and also described her phase while she was suffering from depression and TBM (Tuberculosis Meningitis).
Sunaina is the author of the pictorial biography “To Dad With Love.” which was dedicated to her father.
- Food: North Indian food
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
- Actress: Madhuri Dixit
- Colours: Blue, White
- Holiday Destination: London
- Her hobbies include writing, reading books, and partying.
- She revealed during an interview that her father was very strict and never allowed her to talk to boys while she was growing up. She even shared that his father sent Hrithik along with her whenever she went out. Hrithik accompanied her even to the Discos.
- Sunaina was great buddies with Ekta Kapoor, Tusshar Kapoor, Shrishti Behl, Goldie Behl, Shweta Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Uday Chopra, Zoya Akhtar, and Farhan Akhtar in her school days.
- After her divorce with Ashish Soni, Sunaina went into depression and gained a lot of weight.
- In 2017, Roshan hit the headlines when her brother, Hrithik Roshan shared her ‘Then’ and ‘Now’ pictures. He captioned it as- “Now that’s what I call a transformation! So so proud of you didi (elder sister) Sunaina Roshan. Keep going, impossible is nothing.”
- She went under a bariatric surgery. Sunaina was treated by Dr. Muffazal Lakdawala, who helped Roshan lose 75 kilos. She earlier weighed 140 kilos and reached 65 kilos after her treatment.
- Roshan has been through 2 broken marriages, a broken engagement, battled depression, diabetes, severe kidney infection, and hypertension, undergone bariatric surgery, sought psychiatric help, survived cervical cancer and still came out strong.
- She is affectionate towards animals.
- Sunaina has got inked a floral tattoo on her right shoulder.
- In 2019, a report in TimesofIndia.com revealed that Roshan is suffering from bipolar disorder and is under the observation of the medical staff but she rubbished the report saying that she wasn’t in the hospital, rather partying with her friends.
- In 2019, Sunaina stayed in a rented hotel for 17-18 days before she moved back to the same building in which her parents live. She revealed that even when she was staying at their home, she had a separate floor and a separate entrance to her room.
- During an interview, she said that she wants to live separate from her parents as her parents are overprotective and living with them makes her feel claustrophobic. When asked who is stopping her from living alone, she replied that she is short of money and does not afford to bear heavy costs.