Varun Sharma Wiki, Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More
Varun Sharma is an Indian Actor and Comedian.
Varun Sharma was born on 4 February 1990 (29 years old; age in 2019) in Jalandhar, India. He came into the limelight with the movie “Fukrey” which released in 2013. He has also been seen in TV commercials for various popular brands. Varun went to Sanawar’s The Lawrence School for his initial education. He completed his senior secondary from The Apeejay School, Jalandhar.
- Height (approx): 5′ 10″
- Weight (approx): 80 kg
- Eye Colour: Black
- Hair Colour: Black
- Body Measurements: Chest: 42”, Waist 36”, Biceps 13”
Varun Sharma was born in the city of Jalandhar in Punjab. He is very close to his mother; his mother is Fine Arts Lecturer. His father passed away in 2005 because of kidney failure. He has a younger sister, Nilima Sharma.
He is unmarried as in 2018.
Varun Sharma obtained his bachelor’s degree in Media, Entertainment and Film Technology from ITFT Chandigarh. He made his debut in Bollywood with the 2013 release “Fukrey.” His performance in the film landed him the nomination for Filmfare Award For Best Male Debut.
In 2014, Varun acted in the Punjabi Movie ” Yaaran Da Katchup.”
Before he made his Bollywood Debut, Varun Sharma acted in TV commercials. Between 2013 and 2015, Varun acted in a number of films “Rabba Main Kya Karoon,” “Warning,” “Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon,” etc; however, the film did not earn him much commercial success.
In 2015, Varun Sharma appeared in the film “Dilwale,” one of Indian cinema’s top-grossing productions.
He also acted in the sequel of Fukrey, “Fukrey Returns,” which released in 2017.
He assisted casting director Nandini Shrikent in films like “Talaash” and “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.”
In 2018, he acted in “Fry Day” and in 2017, he played the role of “Onida Singh” in the movie “Arjun Patiala,” which also starred Diljit Dosanjh and Kriti Sanon.
Varun was also a part of HistoryTV18’s show “Ice Road Truckers.”
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan, Diljit Dosanjh
- Actress: Shraddha Kapoor
- Comedian: Zakir Khan
- Food: Suji wale golgappe
- Film: Baazigar (1993)
- Shows: Survivor and The Amazing Race
- Cricketer: Virat Kohli
- Destination: Budapest
- Varun follows a vegetarian diet and sleeps on the floor on a mattress. Before going to sleep, he is in a habit of talking to his pillow.
- He has never eaten a mongo in his life.
- In an interview, he said that he was around seven years old when he watched “Baazigar” and heard “Ye Kaali Kaali Aankhen” and told his mother that he wanted to be an actor.
- Contrary to the comic and outspoken roles that he often portrays, he is quite shy in real-life.
- Varun is quite good friends with actor Varun Dhawan.
- He would have been a pilot or an aviation professional had he not been an actor.
- He started acting when he was still in school. He performed theatre at state- and national-level when he started his college. He used to do serious theatre roles in college.
- Varun Sharma won the 2013 Star Guild Awards and 2013 Zee Cine Awards for his role in the film “Fukrey.” He was also chosen as the Best Actor In A Comic Role by Bombay Times.
- When preparing for a role, he visits his character’s native place around 10 days prior to the shoot.
- He would love to share screen space with Salman Khan.
- When he was in school, his mother used to pack ‘aloo ke paranthe’ for lunch, but he liked to eat ‘kulche with cold drink.’ So, Varun used to sell his ‘paranthe’ to a friend for Rs 5 each.