Zarina Wahab Wiki, Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Zarina Wahab is an Indian actress and former model who is known for her roles in the films, “My Name Is Khan” (2010), “Rakhta Charitra” (2010) and “Chamaram” (1980). She is the wife of Aditya Pancholi.
Zarina Wahab was born on 17 July 1956 (age 63 years; as in 2019) in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Cancer.
She wanted to become an actress from a very young age and while she was still in her teens, she left her home to accomplish her dream. Zarina saw an advertisement about an acting course and moved to Pune to pursue it. She graduated from the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune. After her graduation, she moved to Mumbai to make a career in acting. However, she was rejected by Raj Kapoor as he was not happy with her looks and mannerisms. Wahab, then, worked on her appearance and groomed herself. Thereafter, she started attending various events and film parties. When she was attending one such party, she was spotted by the director, Basu Chatterjee, who offered Zarina a film.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family, Caste & Husband
Zarina Wahab was born into a Muslim Family. Her mother’s name is Malika Wahab. Not much is known about her father. She has 3 sisters Haseena, Shammi Rashid, and Malika McReynold. Zarina also has one brother.
Zarina met Aditya Pancholi on the sets of Kalan Ka Tika and fell in love with each other. The duo dated each other for 15 days and tied the knot on 27 January 1986. Her son, Sooraj Pancholi, is an actor, and her daughter, Sana Pancholi, is an actress.
Zarina started her acting career in 1974 with the film “Ishq Ishq Ishq” in which she played the role of Zeenat Aman’s sister. Next, she played the lead role in Basu Chatterjee’s “Chit Chor.” The film was a huge hit and established Wahab as an actress. Subsequently, she featured in films like “Gharaonda,” “Agar,” “Zajbaat,” “Sawan Ko Aane Do,” and “Raees Zada.” Zarina has also acted in Telugu films like “Gajula Kishtayya,” Malayalam films like “Madanolsavam,” Kannada film like “Ee Bandha Anubandha,” and “Tamil film like Vishwaroopam.” Wahab has also appeared in Bollywood films like “My Name Is Khan,” “Agneepath,” “I, Me, aur Main,” “Dil Dhadakne Do.”
In 2019, she played the role of PM Narendra Modi‘s mother, Heeraben Modi, in his biopic “PM Narendra Modi.”
Zarina has also played elderly roles in TV serials like “Maayka,” “Zaara,” “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi,” “Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli,” “Madhubala Ek Ishq Ek Junoon,” “Sajda Tere Pyaar Mein,” and “Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai.”
- Food: Tamarind Rice, Chicken Biryani, South Indian cuisines
- Actress: Waheeda Rehman
- Colour: White, Yellow
- She likes to cook, read books, and hanging out with her family in her leisure time.
- Zarina is well-versed in Urdu, Telugu, Hindi, and English.
- Her husband, Aditya Pancholi, is six years younger to Zarina.
- Wahab told during an interview that her mother was not happy about her decision to marry Aditya.
- Zarina has dubbed her voice for Revathi in the Hindi version of Anjali.
- Wahab was nominated for Filmfare in the Best Actress category for her performance in the film Gharonda in 1977 but she lost that award to Shabana Azmi.
- Her son, Aditya Pancholi was accused of abetment of suicide of her girlfriend, Jiah Khan.